Department of Pharmaceutics
Pharmaceutics is concerned with the strategies by which biologically active compounds are presented to the body so as to elicit an optimal response. Included are the design, preparation and testing of drug-delivery systems. There are two major areas of emphasis found in the current research in the Department of Pharmaceutics.
Department of Pharmacology
The fields of Pharmacology and Toxicology are interdisciplinary biomedical sciences in nature, drawing upon the foundation and approaches to systems physiology, biochemistry, molecular pharmacology, genetics and neuroscience. The primary objective of Pharmacology is to investigate fundamental aspects of molecular bio-regulatory mechanism of the cell, for the purpose of understanding how drugs act and in order to develop new drugs for treatment of disease.
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
The Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry is one of the seven academic units in the College of Pharmacy. Its teaching missions include instruction in Pharmaceutical Chemistry to the students of Postgraduate (M.Pharma) programs and Undergraduate (B.Pharma).
We have about 18 state of art modern labs equipped with latest instruments. Some of them are:
- Pharmaceutical lab.
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry lab.
- Pharmacology lab.
- Pharmacognosy lab.
- Pharmaceutical Analysis lab.
- Anatomy, Physiology & Health Education lab.
- Biochemistry and Clinical Pathology lab.
- Modern Analytical Technique lab.
- Product Development lab.
- Air conditioned animal house.
- Biotechnology and Bioinformatics lab.
- Seminar conducted by industry experts/educationalist/eminent professors and scientists.
- Guest lectures on current awareness topic related to public health.
- Industry visit/Industrial training for students of IIIrd/ IVth year for interaction in pharmacy field.
- Routine national/ international recognisation of faculty by publication of their research work.
- Students secured top ten positions in university result.
- One to one interaction with students & parents for betterment of quality.
- Exposure of PG students in various reputed pharmaceutical industry for their major project.
- Practical knowledge of the subject through various pharmacological softwares.
- Practical knowledge of drug design through CADD (Computer Aided Drug Design)/Chemskeches